Dear <Your MP>,
GOVERNMENT CONSULTATION ON HOMEOPATHIC PRESCRIPTIONS
I am writing to request that you ask the Secretary of State for Health, Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP, the following questions regarding the Government’s proposed consultation on whether GPs should be allowed to continue prescribing homeopathic remedies.
- How much does the Government currently spend on NHS homeopathic prescriptions?
- How has the Government calculated that expenditure?
- What evaluation has the Government carried out on the health outcomes of those patients who have been prescribed homeopathy?
- What assessment has the Government undertaken about the value for money to the taxpayer obtained by this expenditure?
- How much does the Government estimate will be the net gain to the taxpayer from banning homeopathic prescriptions and giving patients a different treatment option?
I look forward to receiving your reply.
House of Commons
London SW1A 0AA